- 350g farfalle pasta
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 1 bunch sage, leaves picked
- 500g button mushrooms, cleaned, thinly sized
- 50g butter
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 garlic clove thinly chopped
- 750ml ( 3 cups) vegetable stock
- 1 cup milk
- 250g fresh ricotta
- 75g walnuts, toasted, coarsely chopped
- Salt & Pepper, to season
1 Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Cook the pasta according to packet instructions, then drain and set aside.
2 Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Toast the sage leaves until crisp and translucent, then remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
3 Melt the butter in the pan. Stir-fry the mushrooms for 4 minutes until golden. Sprinkle over the flour and cook for 1 minute, then gradually stir in the stock and milk. Cook for 5 minutes or until thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the pasta and toss to combine
4 Divide the pasta among bowls. Spoon over the ricotta, scatter with the walnuts and sage and drizzle with oil, to serve.